UFe Impact Night
We look back on a successful first-ever UFe Impact Night. Researchers and students shared the progress they made with the support of our alumni. And before and after, many great conversations and new connections arose in a warm atmosphere. It was nice to see how many interested partners were present. This is how TU/e and alumni make impact together.
We help students in need, we support student initiatives ánd we contribute to important research. This is how we as University Fund fulfill our motto: For Life. For the world. For the better. Our ambition is to contribute to new solutions for current and future challenges.
These ambitions were clearly visible and palpable in the presentations:
- Scientific breakthrough with help from the Covid Engineering Fund
- Prof. Maarten Merkx talks about a new rapid 'glow-in-the-dark' test for infectious diseases.
- Student project: student team SOLID
- Student Max Winkel talks about a special social project they were able to carry out.
- Energy Tech Fund and Health Tech Fund
- Prof.dr.ir. Ton Backx gives a sneak preview of projects we will be supporting through our new theme funds: the Energy Tech Fund and the Health Tech Fund.
- "Heroes for Heroes" name plaque
- Curator of the TU/e art collection Britte Sloothaak and student Ayu Ritzema give an update on the "Heroes for Heroes" name plaque on which donors from the lustrum year will be given a special place on the grounds of the former Pavilion.
We look forward to another edition. Want to visit other events, get inspired and expand your network? Please keep an eye on our agenda on the TU/e Alumni Community site.